https://www.safetrax.in/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Blog-Banner-5B-800x321_ed09680926ea039e380682947cbeb956.jpg 321 800 Rajiv Netra https://www.safetrax.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Safetrax-01-1.png Rajiv Netra2017-10-27 05:39:052019-12-04 13:28:39Three types of Routing Algorithms
Automated routing is making an impact in IT companies that has substantive employee transport operations as it not only saves time in generating routes but also produces more optimized routes. The routing typically runs on a general algorithm, however the same algorithm may not be the most optimized in different geographies and scenarios. Hence, there is a need for multiple types of algorithms, each of which can run best on a certain city demographics and preferences.Below are few routing algorithms developed by Safetrax which has helped maximize optimization and minimize manual interventions.
Distance Based Routing Algorithm
- How it works: Takes farthest employees and clubs more employees on the way as much as possible while adhering to distance deviation and trip time constraints provided
- Suited for: Organizations of all shapes and sizes
- Benefits: Reduction in number of trips and better seating utilization
Cluster Based Routing Algorithm
- How it works: Creates specific-sized cluster of employees as per their proximity from each other and creates trips that can carry maximum number of employees from same cluster
- Suited for: Organizations that have large number of Employees logging in or logging out in the same shift
- Benefits: Most pickups and drops are configured to happen within a limited radius that ensures that drivers do not have to cover multiple locations. Employees are at ease since the pickup or drop is in the vicinity without too much deviation.
Zone Based Routing Algorithm
- How it works: This is a variant of Cluster Based Routing Algorithm with the difference that here the Zones are manually defined by the Admin team and employees are assigned to the zones. The routing algorithm picks employees who are assigned to the same zones and then creates optimized trips as per Cluster Based Routing Algorithm.
- Suited for: Organizations that have large number of Employees logging in or logging out in the same shift.
- Benefits: Helps in cases where billing is based on zones and drivers do not have pickup/drop employees in two different zones.