https://www.safetrax.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ais140-2.png 321 800 Krishnan Rangi https://www.safetrax.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/logo.png Krishnan Rangi2018-05-02 11:45:192018-10-18 08:15:43Are we prepared for AIS 140?
The Ministry of Surface Transport, Government of India had initially stipulated that the public transport system needs to be streamlined and mandated Vehicle Tracking, deployment of Panic buttons and increased surveillance. These standards were supposed to go live on Apr 1 2018 and have now been pushed to Apr 1 2019.
The standards require compliance of several items interalia;
- All Devices should have Emergency Buttons and support Vehicle Location Tracking
- All Devices should support GAGAN, the Indian Satellite Based Augmentation System
- Device shall have a position accuracy of minimum 2.5 m
- Device shall have an acquisition sensitivity of minimum (-) 148 dBm
- Device shall have a tracking sensitivity of minimum (-) 165 dBm
- Device shall support standard minimum I/Os as mentioned: 4 Digital, 2 Analogue and 1 Serial Communication (e.g. RS232) for interfacing external systems (E.g. Digital input for Emergency request button interfacing).
- Device shall be capable of transmitting data to Backend Control Server (Government authorized server) via Wide Area (Mobile) Communications network (GSM/GPRS).
- Device shall be capable of transmitting Position, Velocity and Time (PVT data) along with heading (direction of travel) to a Backend Control Server (Government authorized server) at configurable frequency as per Communication Protocol of Section 4.
- The fixed frequency shall be user configurable, minimum frequency shall be 5 secs during vehicle operation and not less than 10 minutes in sleep/IGN OFF) as per the protocol defined in Communication Protocol of Section 4.
- On pressing of Emergency button, the system implementing VLT function shall send emergency Alert to the configured IP address(s) as per the Communication Protocol. In the absence of GPRS network, the emergency alert shall be sent as SMS message along with vehicle location data to configured control center number(s).
- Device shall store/write the registration number of the vehicle in the internal nonvolatile memory
- Device shall have an Embedded SIM
- The Device shall support:
- Location on GPRS/SMS
- Non-volatile memory to store min 40,000 positional log
- Configurable backup SMS facility in case of GPRS failure
- Capability to send serving and adjacent cell ID as well as network measurement report (NMR)
- Device shall support A-GPS (Assisted GPS)
- Device should have Set configuration parameter like sleep time, overspeed limit, harsh braking, harsh acceleration, rash turning threshold limits etc.